Tuesday, January 16, 2007

e-mail 1/14/7

This morning a very special friend came to me and encouraged me not to stop writing my Sharing devotional. She will never know how much I appreciate the encouragement even though I never had any intention of ever stopping completely from writing the "Sharing God's Love" Devotion. This has been initiated by God from the beginning and I knew it. But just the kindness was appreciated.

However, sometimes life is overwhelming. We try to do the right things. We try to say the right things and yet there is always somebody standing around with a pin to burst our bubble and walk away without caring that they may have really hurt us badly. Sometimes, I wish I could just go back to those days when I could tell my little brother and he would take care of the situation because he was the one with a temper. He would punch somebody in the nose just because he liked it especially if somebody hurt his sister and I was about the same way with him only I did not enjoy it as much as he did. Now as adults we both are just big kitty cats who let people say whatever and we take it. We avoid conflict at all costs if people will let us.

Sometimes we try to do the right thing because we believe it is the right thing to do when it is not the thing that God wants us to do. Last week I actually began to wonder if "Sharing God's Love" was something God wanted me to do or something I wanted to do. I needed confirmation from God. I had to pray about it. As I prayed, people saw me at church and began telling me how they had used it to minister to other people in their families who were not Christians and they lived in other places. Others e-mailed me from out of state that I was saying what their churches needed to hear, others just said "Don't stop, keep up the good word."

Regardless of what some might choose to believe, my taking some time to pray has not been about "Quitting". It is about getting priorities straight. It is about being on track with Jesus and my Heavenly Father and staying there. Sometimes I would like to stop the world and just get off. But God has put me here for His purpose and as long as He gives me breath I will do what He tells me to do as long as He wants me to and when I quit, it will be because He has given me something else to do. He does not put us in one place for one job for all this life. That would make this lifetime too easy. Instead on this road we travel there are many side-roads, turns, detours and interstates. And all maps are not the same.

Right now, TODAY, my purpose is to work in missions by engaging in mission action, praying for missions, teaching Biblically based missions and always doing this while I am.....

Sharing God's Love,

Peggy

Thanks "J". I needed our chat.

No comments: